Friday, September 19, 2008

Eva's Birthday

As promised- Eva's birthday! I can't believe she's already a year old. It seems like yesterday that she was born.



She is such a delightful joy in our lives! The name Eva means "giver of life". I love that! We truly feel she has given us a gift with her life and we are thrilled to have her in our family. Before I was even pregnant, I had a special experience where I new this would be my next daughter's name. So, I can't even really take credit for the name, good thing I like it! So, here's some tidbits about Eva:
She loves to make us laugh. She knows when she is entertaining and loves to make us smile. She's a good sleeper and has been since birth (thank heavens). She's walking!!! About 2 weeks ago, she just sort of took off. She loves music, dancing and singing. She just lights up when you sing her favorite song, the Itsy Bitsy Spider. She wants to be big like her siblings. She wants to eat their food, play with their toys and do all their "big kid" things. She will often yell at us at the dinner table if we aren't sharing our grown up food. The big problem however, is that she has a severe allergy to egg. So, anything made with egg she has to avoid for now. It's hard to not give her things that she really wants, but she can't have. I made her a special egg-free cake for her birthday and as you can see from the photos, she really liked it! Dave and I constantly remark what a sweet, fun girl she is and we love having her in our family.
Eva opening presents.

Adoring her daddy while we sing "Happy Birthday".


First bite of cake.

She she under that mess somewhere???


Taking a bath, turning the water a nice chocolately brown.
WE LOVE YOU EVA!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Eva!!!! You're a cutie!!