Friday, October 30, 2009

Ode to William

William is the shy one of the twins so he tends to not get as much of the spotlight as Sophia.  So, he's a few recent stories of my dear boy:

William was wearing his favorite pair of pajamas, they have robots on them.  When he wears them, he pretends he's a robot.  One night while I was putting him to bed, he was running around like crazy making obnoxious robot sounds.  So, I asked him to come see me and I pushed his "off" button.  It worked like a charm!  The next night he had on the same pajamas and then came up to me and said, "Mom, will you turn me on"?  Dave gave me a quizzical look and said, "Should I call Child Protective Services"?

One day we were playing with magnetic alphabet letters.  William asked if I would spell his name and I told him to do it by himself.  He properly spelled "Will" and then asked me if I could help him with the rest.  I told him to sound it out.  This is what he came up with: W-I-L-L-Y-U-M.  How can I argue with that?

A few days ago I was explaning to the kids that I wanted them to get the H1N1 vaccine.  They were not thrilled to be getting a shot.  I was explaining that if they didn't get it, they could get really sick.  Sophia asked if they got this virus if they could die.  I tried to gently explain that yes, some kids have died from the virus.  William looked at me, dead serious and said, "No thanks for dying mom, I don't want to".

Here's a video of a song the kids sing in the morning when they see Eva's diaper.  It's usually quite saggy from not being changed all night:

1 comment:

Hope said...

I'm trying to decide which is funnier--the video about the low-hangin' diaper or your son asking you to turn him on.

P.S. What a smartie to figure out Willyum!