Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Needed Break

We just got back from a nice long weekend in St. George.  We left a couple of days later than planned due to a very time-consuming project Dave had at work, but in the end it was fabulous to get away for a few days as a family.  Eva literally began to believe that Dave lived at his office.  Thankfully, that's not true!  So, we left on Saturday for St. George and were able to meet up with our long-time friends the Stephenson's.  They live in Wisconsin and were going to be in St. George for a few days so we were able to spend some time with them.  They were kind enough to squeeze us in even though we were arriving later than expected.  I wish I had some photos of them, but of course I forgot to whip out the camera.  It was fantastic to see them and catch up with their family.  After visiting with our friends, we went out to dinner.  We really like a little Mexican place called Don Pedros.  Even Eva's non-ethnic chicken nuggets and fries were delicious.

On Sunday, we went to church in the morning.  Can I just say how nice it was to have a leisurely Sunday morning?  We went to church at 11am, Dave actually got to sit with the family AND of course he didn't have any meetings to attend after church.  It really was nice to have him on loan for one Sunday.  After lunch and naps we went to a really fun park.  It was quite different from any other park I've seen.  The kids really had a great time exploring.















































On Monday, we went up Snow Canyon and played in the sand dunes.  The kids sure had a great time.  They were building sand castles and sliding down the hills of sand.  The really loved yelling at the top of their lungs to hear it echo in the canyon.
































In the afternoon, we went to Sand Hollow Rec Center which had a great indoor pool.  We all loved the waterslide and splashing around the pool.  Monday night we went to The Pizza Factory.  Dave and I both have memories of coming to this restaurant as kids.  So, we thought we start creating that memory for our kids too.

















































Tuesday was our last day, so we went out to breakfast.  We went to this yummy place called the Bear Paw.  With it being our last day and all, I decided to go all out and order whatever I wanted.  That ended up being
the "Chocolate Fudge - Brownie Waffle served with vanilla ice cream, powdered sugar, chocolate syrup and whipped cream".  Yup, for breakfast.  I'll be honest; the waffle itself wasn't that great, but all the sugar, syrup and ice cream made up for it.  The kids had chocolate chip pancakes and Dave ordered Huevos Rancheros.  We really enjoyed the indulgence.  After breakfast, we cleaned up the house and packed for home.  Then, we made a picnic lunch and went to play at a park for a couple of hours.  We were sad to leave St. George, but it's always nice to be back home.  Until next time!

7 comments:

Jordan and Shannon said...

How fun! I don't know if we will ever go on vacation again, so if you don't mind, I am going to live vicariously through you. And judging from the pictures, you and Dave are definitely kids at heart!

Hope said...

How fun! And that "breakfast" (if you can call it that...ha ha) sounds divinely rich! I can't get over how Eva looks like a "mini-Heather". The sand dunes look like a child's dream!

alison said...

Aaaahhh, we love the Sand Hollow rec center! And of course, we love St. George! Yeah for a nice, relaxed family vacation!

Matt and Jenny said...

It looks like fun! I can't believe Sophia's face full of sand!! Glad you guys got out together.

Mindy Stephenson said...

Sounds fun!!!!

Stacy said...

I love Don Pedros. Very yummy food. The park looks like it has some really fun toys. I love that you and Dave rode on them too. So cute! It looks like you guys had a great vacation. It's always nice to have a good break.

Amy said...

It was SO fun to see you and catch up. Thanks for coming down when we were there. And thanks for the suggestion of chicken salad for dinner during our hot spell. I can't wait to do it tonight!

Next time, let's remember the camera. I can't believe we didn't get a single picture.