http://www.brownpaper--packages.com/2011/03/general-conference-treat-buckets.html
Check it out, her photos are way better than mine.
Basically, you decide the words you want your kids to listen for during Conference (we picked: family, faith, church, Jesus and love) and then add one word to the front of a bucket. Then you fill the bucket with some of your favorite treats and when you hear the word you can take a treat from the bucket. I picked up a few extra treats in case we get bored with one and then we can swap it out for something else.
Here's the buckets:
So, if you find your mind drifting during Conference, feel free to come on over!

3 comments:
I'm so there! You might even find me claiming that those words were said, when really they weren't. Oh wait, that would be lying and probably not the best thing to due during conference. I'll stick to just trying to stay awake the whole time.
You always know how to turn things into a fun and teachable moment with your kids.
We did something similar to this back in October but instead each family member chose a word they would listen for and then they got an m&m.
Brett's word was "the".
I think your way is better. :)
What a cute idea! I wish I would have seen this before conference. :) Surprisingly enough our kids did pretty good...I probably could have used this for myself though. I fall asleep too easily these days. Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment