Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Moab Rewind

We had such a great time in Moab. Great to leave the kids (thanks moms) and spend some time alone with Dave. We drove down on Thursday and then hiked up to Delicate Arch. This was my first time in Moab and I really enjoyed this hike and the amazing scenery.

This was a work retreat with Dave's law firm, so that night we had dinner with the firm. On Friday, we went white water rafting. We had such a blast. By the time we were done, there was not an inch of us that wasn't soaked.
That night we also had dinner with the law firm. On Saturday, Dave had a meeting while I sat poolside with a book. Thanks ladies for the book recommendations.
I took "The Hunger Games" with me and LOVED it. What a great read. I also took "The Wednesday Letters" and haven't quite finished it yet. I t's been good though. The two books are very different from each other, but good.
Saturday afternoon we had lunch on our own at a place called Zax, great pizza. Then we drove to Dead Horse Point and walked around for a bit.
Then we came home. It was a short trip, but we loved the time away and I really enjoyed experiencing Moab for the first time.

3 comments:

Kimberli said...

Hey... love the hair! I don't think I've seen the "long-hair" version of Heather... it looks great!

And thanks for your comment on my blog about my new calling. You are one gal who can really relate to that stress! I've always been a 1st counselor and I never realized the extra burden of a Pres. Anyway, I have good ladies serving with me and that has helped tremendously. Girls camp is this week, but I'm only going up on Wed. :)

Mrs. Langeland said...

Really? You've never been to Moab? I guess it was about time. I'm glad that you had fun down there. Sounds wonderful!

Kelli said...

Looks like you had a great time. I really like your hair. Hope you are all doing great. kelli