Last week our family got together for a reunion. It was so great to spend time with family and it's always a treat to see my brother, his wife and kids from Kentucky. We kicked off the reunion by attending the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House last Monday. What a pleasure to be in the temple with my kids. Dave was working and unable to attend, but it was such a treat to have my children with me at the temple. It's a great opportunity to tour a temple, see it's decoration and learn more about temple worship before the temple is dedicated. Here's a picture of us in front of the temple.


After the open house, we all went to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. As the meal was wrapping up, an employee came around and asked each of our tables if we'd be willing to take a survey. I'll be honest, I would normally say no, especially when I'm dining with my crazy kids. For whatever reason, this time I said yes and I'm glad I did. Here's a copy of the survey:
I am so thrilled that my only sister is having a baby!!! She is the sweetest aunt to my children and will be an amazing mother. I am so thrilled for her and her husband. I'm almost tempted to put one of those baby countdown things on MY blog :).
On Tuesday, we went to Fat Cats in Ogden where we played bowling and mini golf and bumper cars. We had such a fun time! Photos from the rest of the reunion will have to wait. I never pulled my camera out after Tuesday. We were too busy having fun, I guess. I'm hoping other family members will come to my rescue and send me their photos! Till then...

2 comments:
That is a such a CUTE idea to announce having a baby! We took our family to the Temple Open House on Saturday and I agree. Such a beautiful, special opportunity to have our family inside the temple together.
Now that we know your kids like to bowl we need to meet up somewhere with all those munchkins!
Hooray! Congratulations Shannon!!
Post a Comment