Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Freedom

FREEDOM (or 1st day of preschool)! I don't know who was more excited about the 1st day of preschool- me or Sophia. William, not so much. Sophia has been counting the days and minutes until the blessed day of preschool arrived. She is a social butterfly, loves learning and is THRILLED to be in school. William is more of a mama's boy and would probably rather stay with me all day. I used all my powers of persuasion to convince him to go. By the time we got to the school, he happily ran off with Sophia and went to class. When I came to pick them up Sophia was so happy and even more excited that she gets to come back every week. William admitted to having a good time, but said he didn't want to go again. I know he really enjoys it, he just has a harder time adjusting socially. I am so pleased with their teacher Ms. Amy and I love their classroom and the other students. I think it's going to be a great year.
Now, let's get to my freedom. I have never had just one child at home before. Being able to give Eva some one-on-one attention was one of the reasons I enrolled the twins in preschool. Another HUGE benefit for me: being able to run errands with just one child. Between 3 kids in car seats, 3 sets of arms touching everything (including each other) 3 sets of legs going in different directions, running errands is not my favorite. Especially stores without a cart. So, yesterday I went on three different errands with Eva and still had an hour left to come home and play with her, it was great! Now, I think I might run into a cash flow problem. Since shopping is now oh so easy, I might blow through the monthly budget in one week. I guess I'll have to do more "window shopping". Anyway, I'm so happy for William and Sophia and for the buddy time I have with Eva. Yeah for school!

6 comments:

Mrs. Langeland said...

What cut pictures. I have to agree, preschool is fantastic! For us, school is at the same time as naptime. I am loving the peace and quiet!

Megs said...

Oh how exciting! Belle starts preschool next week and I get the giggles just thinking about it. "Hooray" to only having 1 child to run errands with...it really is a piece of heaven for us moms!! If you EVER need some "child-free" time, I would love to watch Eva...not that she would come to me...but we can try!

lisa louise said...

um arent there supposed to be tears involved from the mother not wanting to let go and all that crap? hahaha i guess not. :)

Hope said...

I'm so glad they had a great 1st day! We love Ms. Amy, too!

Jordan and Shannon said...

How awesome! I don't know what is more priceless, the fact that their backpacks are much bigger than they are or Will's face in the picture where you are picking them up... Momma's boy! What fun memories! They looked adorable.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister to freedom! Allison is in preschool three days a week while her older sisters are in school until 2:30. I can't believe how (dare I say?) EASY it is to do things with only one child around. I actually get to hear his cute little conversations now! And running errands is fun again!